Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wednesday 8-24-16 WOD

Mobility or macking. You be the judge...

FYI the Urban Dictionary's meaning
flirting, being ostentatious to attract member(s) of the opposite sex
"where'd those girls go? i was really mackin' it to them"

Wednesday 8-24-16 WOD

CrossFit & Fitness:

A.
Build to a 1RM Back Squat

Suggested build...
5@60%
4@70%
3@75%
2@ 80%
1@85%
1@90%
1@95%
1@101%+

Some athletes prefer to build by feel so that's the other option.

One thing I've found that sometimes helps is to add more weight than you're going to squat leading up to that 1RM. In February when I PR's my back squat @ 410# it threw 460# on the bar and pulled it from the rack. My initial thought was "Holy shit this is heavy". All I did was brace and set up as if I was going to squat, stood it up, took a couple steps back and stood there for ten seconds. After that I racked it and waited 90 seconds before attempting my pr. When I pulled the 410# form the rack my initial thought was "dam this is lighter". I haven't read up much on this but my thoughts are that the added weight was extra stimulus on the central nervous system and there may have been some extra muscle fiber recruitment to get the job done. Even the mental aspect of the bar feeling lighter has to help somewhat.

B.
7 Min AMRAP
10 Double Bell C&J @ 30/50#
10 C2B Pull Ups/Pull Ups
10 KBS @ 60/80#+

Scale weights as necessary...


No comments:

Post a Comment