Monday, June 15, 2015

Does he make YOU Randy?!

One cold and long winter Randy headed out for some ice hockey as he normally did, only this time was different. He slapped on all his equipment, bent over to tie up his skates but couldn’t. He asked his friend to tie up his skates in front of a group of twenty guys, embarrassing! It hit him, he needed a change.

Randy had gone to school with Starke Owner, Paul Dyck, and one day he saw a post Paul made on Facebook about the gym he had opened and he jumped on board. Randy has now been coming to Starke for just under three years. He started out by doing one month unlimited with the goal set that he would shed 30lbs. It was a bit of a hefty goal for him and the first month was a killer but he continued to see progress, kept losing weight, and kept gaining strength. He was hooked.

“I started to accomplish things I never thought I could. There’s no way I could have ran a mile, done pull-ups, and the list goes on. Now I can run that mile, I can do pull-ups without a band, I can even do 15 pushups in a row no problem where before I would have struggled to do one. I have gone from a 44” waist to a 34” waist, and have far exceeded my idea of losing 30lbs and instead have gone from 293lbs to 209lbs, and I’m still working on it!” – Randy Amaral

Randy also recently accomplished his second ever 60-Day Challenge weighing in at 236.8lbs, finishing at 209.6lbs with a total percentage of 11.49% weight loss. “Starke has been an integral part in building my confidence, and the nutrition seminars, and running seminars have been huge for me, all of it has changed so much in my life,” Randy shares.  He has learned how to work on clean eating, how to eat prior and post workouts, what your body needs as fuel, he’d learned proper mechanics of lifting, it’s always top of mind for him. “It’s not like any other gym, the attitude is checked at door, the people here are amazing, and everyone is everyone is your biggest fan. I literally drive from the west end of the city to make it here because to me, it truly is THE BEST.” 

Randy would have never imagined registering himself into a run and since he’s been coming to Starke he has now completed two 10KM runs and an 8KM trail run, with a goal to run a half marathon! “If it wasn’t for Paul and his gym, I would have never attempted it. If you want to change your life come to Starke. It changed my life.”



No comments:

Post a Comment