Thursday, March 26, 2015

Meet Coach Cat!



Once upon a time there was a girl named Cat. Just over two years ago Cat wandered into this little gym to try CrossFit and fell in love with it. She busted her ass in workouts and wouldn't let challenges slow her down.

Cat has become an amazing addition to our gym supporting everyone in workouts and always willing to lend a helping hand.

Cat holds her CF-L1 cert and has been shadowing, learning and leading classes with Paul
for the past 4+ months.

You'll see Cat at the gym ev'erday training as hard as anyone and always working to get stronger, fitter, and better.

We are lucky to have coach Cat join our training team at Starke and add to an already amazing place of members and staff.

I would like to introduce to you Coach Cat!

Starke: Do you have any nicknames you'd be willing to share with us?

Cat: Kitten, Ross, Little Girl

Starke: What's your favorite workout?

Cat: Any kind of chipper!

Starke: Least favourite?

Cat: Calorie rows!!!! Barf!

Starke: What are your training goals?

Cat: I would love to nail efficient muscle ups and walk myself across our gym floor like a boss!!!

Starke: What is your favorite desert?

Cat: Lemon meringue pie!

Starke: What is your favourite and least favourite exercise? 

Cat: I LOVE snatch...No wait, that's a total lie. I have a love affair with Handstand Push-ups, they make me all red in face and sweaty...Mmmmmm. Least favorite is rowing, for real. If you need someone on your Dragon Boat team, I'm not the guy...or girl...Uhhhh yeah. 

Starke: If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one piece of equipment what would it be? 

Cat: Does this only pertain to gym equipment? I would bring...A wall ball. Why, you ask? Because everybody loves a squat bum, it would keep me entertained, provide me with something to sit on and eat off of, and I could totally re-enact Castaway and draw a face on "Wilson". 

Starke: What type of music do you prefer to throw down to? 

Cat: I love every kind of music, but if I'm about to throw down and it's going to be rough and tough, I like some old school hip hop (like old school hip hop - Naughty by Nature, Tribe Called Quest, Arrested Development, etc). 

Starke: What do you love about CrossFit and want to share with the community at Starke? 

Cat: I love that CrossFit is a continuous challenge, a road to endless progression, and a community like no other. CrossFit itself provides you the opportunity to go further, harder, longer, faster than you would have ever thought you could and a support group that would do nothing but motivate you and cheer you on for the effort no matter how you felt you did, CrossFitters are just happy you DID IT. Now Starke in specific is one eclectic and energetic team. It's a positive place where everyone is so welcoming, so positive, and where everyone is your biggest fan. Paul's all about doing things right, getting the correct form/movement down pact and then increasing the intensity to the point where you want to cut him for it. He lives and breathes health and fitness and he wants the best for everyone. Taking a solid individual like that and adding his drive and ambition to make a difference opened up Starke CrossFit, and our little box is what it is because of him. The community we have at Starke is the most ideal setting one could ever ask for when wanting to train.For this, I truly love CrossFit and our box!

Starke: What will be the most challenging part about coaching CrossFit at Starke? 

Cat: The most challenging part will be trying to avoid allowing myself to drool with my jaw dropped watching all you sexy beasts get ripped and sweat your asses off!  Is that creepy? Good. No, for real though, the most challenging part for me is going to be getting louder. I know, weird right? But if I'm going to be honest, I am loud and ridiculous all the time but then find myself really wanting to zone into everyone's movements and forget sometimes to get loud, to pump everyone up!  I know I love when the coaches are loud, when there's that extra push to the very last second. So call me out on it, or get loud so I have to get louder, and help me to overcome this challenge ;) I'll continue to make myself better class after class, because I want everyone to walk out having had fun and being proud of their accomplishments!

Starke: What do you want the members at Starke to know about you? 

Cat: I have a severe phobia of clowns, I have 3 collections (scarves from each country I've travelled, masks from each country I've travelled, and then hand made pottery mugs), I run a charity called K.I.D.S. Initiative and travel to Kenya every year to oversee our funds and the progress in our programs (I am in love with it), I am loud, I am blunt, I am inappropriate, but I have a huge heart and being charitable is my life, oh and my family is my everything! That's me in a nut shell. 

Starke: Last but not least what do you want to bring to the members of Starke as a coach and roll model? 

Cat: I want to continue to provide a positive, motivating, healthy space for everyone where you can come in, tear it up and leave feeling exhausted, amazing, and accomplished. It's not an easy tasks to get yourself to the gym on a regular basis, we all have busy lives and sometimes it's easy to allow that to get in the way. I want everyone to know that they're accomplishing so much just by stepping foot in the door, I want to make people sweat, yell, get frustrated, progress, PR, swear, and laugh their asses off! I want to better myself...ALWAYS! Because there's always going to be a lot to learn and as long as I'm open to that, I can then provide a better more efficient workout for all of you! As a role model, I hope that you can see my passion for life, for CrossFit, for others, for betterment, for goals, and that you can then in turn actively seek the same. They are always going to differ from one person to the next, but being passionate and achieving is going to give you one hell of a bear hug that won't let up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment