Monday, December 22, 2014

Get In My Belly

Recipe Chain…

So we’re always so excited to chat about new recipe ideas for clean eating, recipes that provide alternative ingredients to make sweets less toxic, and recipes that are just plain awesome!  

I made up these “Buckeyes” a little while back and thought they were killer so I brought a bunch into the gym and everyone loved them.  It couldn’t just be because of my master chef skills (I also have some mean nun chuck skills too...I digress...), but they tasted great AND were made with simple, easy, healthy ingredients. Everyone asked me to share the recipe so I have below, but I also thought it would be a great idea to share recipes from time to time with everyone...

I’ve posted the BUCKEYE recipe below and I’m opening up the door to any of you who want to share a great recipe you have too! Shoot it off to me at cat@starkestrength.com and I’ll be sure to post it for everyone. GET.IN.MY.BELLY.

BUCKEYES

Ingredients:
1 14oz can of white kidney beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1-cup peanut butter
Pinch sea salt
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted

Directions:
Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper. In mixer, puree the crap out of the kidney beans until smooth, add in applesauce, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla and continue to puree. Add in peanut butter & salt until fully mixed. Scoop ½ tbsp., roll into ball, and place on cookie sheets and then cover them and refrigerate for 15 minutes, while waiting work on some handstands! When 15 minutes passes, take them out and put a toothpick in each ball, cover again and this time toss them in the freezer for 45 minutes. We want to make sure the balls are stiff enough for the chocolate J. 45 minutes is enough time to send me one of your favorite recipes, so if you’re feeling motivated to do so shoot me one off at cat@starkestrength.com!  Just a bit before the 45 min is up, melt the chocolate! Take the frozen balls out of the freezer, one by one dip them in the chocolate so that a bit of the ball is still poking out the top and place them back down onto the wax paper. Remove all the toothpicks, toss them back into the fridge for whenever you’re ready to eat them, serve them, share them, hoard them, whatever you want to do with them. 




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment